Starting A Group Hug
Starting a Group Hug is quick and easy! It can take from a few seconds to a minute or two, depending on how descriptive you want to get. To start a new Group Hug, you must be logged in to VidHug. From your VidHug home page, either click the plus symbol or the "Start a Group Hug!" button.
- Title: The short description of your VidHug that shows up on both the recording (invite) page and the final group hug video page. The title is also to create a unique URL for your Group Hug. If the Group Hug is for a birthday, simply enter the person's name and age and we'll automatically set your title.
- Due Date: The date by which you want to receive all video submissions. This will put a countdown timer on the recording page and when the due date passes (e.g. past midnight, your local time, on the date you selected) the recording page will no longer accept video submissions.
- Description: A few sentences describing why you're making this video. We pre-fill this for you with some common phrasing, but feel free to make it your own! Include any special instructions.
- Feature Image (optional): A picture, usually of the person(s) this Group Hug is for, that will be shown on the recording page to people you invite.
Don't worry - all of the above information can be edited or changed - Please see: Editing My Hug Page details. You can change the title, description, the feature image, and even extend the due date to allow more video submissions. The only thing that is set in stone at the time of creation, is your Group Hug's unique link.
- Title: If the Group Hug is for a birthday, simply enter the person's name and age and we'll automatically set your title. Please ensure your spelling is accurate because your title will also create and unique invite link that can not be changed or edited
If the Group Hug is for another occasion or you want some finer control over the Title, simply select Birthday? 'No' and enter your own title.
2. Due Date: Set the Videos due by date and, if desired, edit the description that your invitees will read.
3. Description: A few sentences describing why you're making this video. We pre-fill this for you with some common phrasing, but feel free to make it your own! Include any special instructions.
4. Feature Image. Feature images are optional and you can always add one later, but we do highly recommend including one to encourage participation.
When all the information has been entered, press Start My Hug! and your Group Hug will be started. Congratulations, you're ready to start inviting people!